Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Depression sucks

This is one of those posts where I expose my vulnerabilities and feelings. Therefore, without a hint of irony, it will be behind a cut.
I know I haven't updated this site in months. In fact, I had an entry all ready to go from way back in January, but reading it now, I didn't really think it would be a good idea to post it today, March 20th.

During these past three months, I've been on an on-and-off struggle with depression. Even though I'm in school, I'm always at battle with an internal force just to wake up in the morning. It's been a struggle to find something to laugh about without having to force it, and the most draining part, there have been times where it's been hard to look forward to the next day. These feelings can make even the most positive optimistic person crawl into a shell of despair and hopelessness.

Thankfully, with help of counseling groups, I am not alone. I will overcome this. Meanwhile, I hope to speak up here more often without pressuring myself with a daily post so that I can write posts with more...substance. I'll do something weekly instead.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment