Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I WORK OUT!!! (NOW!)

It's okay...I was singing it too!

From this post on, I solemly swear to work out 3 times a week for an hour! For anyone dealing with emotional problems and stress, it is an excellent way to distract yourself from stress OR a good way to take out negative thoughts. As Memorial Day here in the US is right around the corner, it's a constant reminder that summer is coming and it's a pretty good idea that you get summer ready. I am tired of being out of breath after walking across campus, I don't want to rely on a pretty very good metabolism and I want to get healthy. GAUNTLET. THROWN!

My overall goal is to tone and to get into better shape. I'm not setting a date when I want to see results because I hope that this becomes a lifestyle change. Also, I don't want to lose any weight (I'm 5'2, ~115 pounds).

So my mission has been stated, here's where I'm starting:




From the front, no sucking the stomach.

From the side

How I'm going to get started:
  • 1 mile on either the elliptical or stairclimber. Have options because mixing up cardio machines makes cardio more fun!
  • Calisthenics! For legs, I like to choose 5 different workouts from this website, and for abs, arms and shoulders, I use the exercise finder. Also, Pinterest is a great place to get even more ideas. My inspiration board for fitness is here and the the fitness section is a great place to get ideas and you don't have to be a member to scroll to look at this board.
  • Eat better foods. So long to regularly eating my favorite vices: hamburgers, fried chicken, french fries, potato chips, pizza, chipotle (this is going to be very very VERY hard) and pastas. Less fast food and red meat, more vegetarian recipes, baked foods and white meat!
Okay, so I wrote this out because writing out your plan of action makes your goal more concrete, like a contract to yourself. I no longer want my goal to become healthier to be like a cloud allowed to pass. The fact that I put this on the internet, means that it's going to be around FOREVER!!! Just how I like it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment