Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

A DC adventure



As I have mentioned before, I live in the Washington D.C area. When some people think of DC, there are those who bemoan this city as a place where "nothing gets done", or even a place that's out of touch with  "regular Americans". As quick as people are to say those things about the business that goes on in this city, they also forget that people live and play in this city. Not everything is connected with politics here and that's why I've made the "this city is more than just politics" tag-to give a glimpse of how people work and play in these parts. We're not all political insiders looking to get ahead, some of us are just living in the same area.

My first installment-a trip to Georgetown Cupcake, the same place where they film TLC's "DC Cupcake". I've done enough talking, I'll let the pictures take it from here.




General rule about working escalators-Walk left, stand right. This separates locals from the tourists!


Lining up for cupcakes because it's serious business!!



People behind us


SO. MANY.CHOICES!

Assortment of Cupcakes

Vanilla Birthday Cake


A calm street every once in a while...
On our way home (walking left, standing right-just like we're supposed to!

I hope to do this more often! Any tips and suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this show when it was on TV.....

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete