Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Cutting off damaged hair

I should cut some of this off, shouldn't I?

So here is my story on why this strand is lifeless 3/4 of the way down my twist.
Once upon a time, I discovered Dominican Salons. Dominican salons became the place when I can transform my curls into long, flowing, pin-straight hair; a dream of mine since childhood. I loved the way it flowed, the way it shined and the way it hit my back and the hair flip. The fact that I was able to flip my hair made me giddy inside. All of these short time joys however would come back to haunt me as I saw my hair thin out. 

I know what some of you are asking-one time at a salon made your hair thin out? It very well could, but for me, I made multiple trips to have my hair straightened out. Over time, I saw parts of my hair break off, unable to curl whenever I got it wet and unable to twist. Now that I think back, all of those should have been warning signs, but I ignored the damage I did to my hair.

Over a year later, I have cut off most of the damage that I did. Other than that obvious spot, There are a few spots where it's wavy instead of curly, but I decided that I could work with it.

Are you scared of cutting damaged hair off? Are there spots that you promise to cut off once it "grows out"? I want to hear your story.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have to Start over with my hair
    Which I don't Mind but...
    Instead of just cutting the Damaged hair off
    I'm just gonna do something of a Big Chop
    it'll be resfreshing I Know
    Plus it'll grow back that much more healthier
    good Luck with everything


    pOetiQ rOses *****

    ReplyDelete