Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Hair stuff I love right now


The black hole of products/my bathroom cabinet

So instead of doing a "wish list" post like I forgot to do this month, I'm going search through the abyss that is my sink cabinet to find hair stuff that I really like. What I have listed below the jump is what works for me right now, and depending on my mood, this list may change tomorrow, next month...heck, anytime! These products all have one thing in common-they give you a good bang for your dollar, so if you're someone who is looking to stretch their dollar on hair products, perhaps this may serve as inspiration or it can give a product junkie a few ideas.


1) V05 Herbal Escapes Clarifying Conditioner
This conditioner I like to use it for detangling my hair before I wash it. When diluted with water, I spray it into my hair and this gives me enough slip to finger comb all the tangles and shed hairs. Best thing about this is, for 84 cents, you can find it at dollar stores and at Walmart and it smells like kiwis!

2) Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shampoo
Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shamoo

I found this during my once-in-a-blue-moon shopping at Whole Foods (or Whole Check, whichever you prefer) and for $10, you get 32 ounces of shampoo, which I think is a whole lot of shampoo. Everyday Shea Moisturizing shampoo is available in Vanilla Mint and Lavender scents and the unscented formula is certified gluten free. What I like about this is that a little goes a very long way-when I part my hair into fourths, one pump is more than enough to clean my hair.  

3) Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner

My personal container of Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
So, remember back in this post when I was talking about I had no idea what to do with this product and that I was quite frankly scared because it said "not to put product on virgin hair"? Well, after experimenting for sometime (because that's the only way to find out if it really works), I found that it worked best on my ends to make my hair feel softer. This shows that rules are meant to be broken and experimenting should not only be encouraged, it should be mandatory.

4) Water

Water, dihydrogen oxide...whatever you want to call it, this is something that should be in every hair regimen for people with curly/dry hair. I could go on a long write up about this, but I don't really think that's necessary because it is essential to life. What I will say about water is that the more water you use in your hair regimen, the more your hair will thrive. :-D

5) Beautiful Curls Leave-In Conditioner
errr...this picture isn't clear, but this is the product
So this is my leave-in conditioner I use that I found by accident after scoffing at the price of Kinky Curly Knot Today. The smell of this has been described as "nutty with a bit of a raspberry" and I definitely agree with the nutty part of the description-I wouldn't say yes to the raspberry because to me, it smells sweeter than raspberry. This conditioner is very thick in consistency and once again, a little goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment