Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

True Life: Product Junky-ism

So yesterday, my mother and I were hanging around at Target (NOT TAR-JAY!) and for me, I must always go through the hair products and the beauty aisle. Usually, I don't buy anything-I get the scent of a few products, see if there's any accessories that I could use for updos, and then I leave.

This time, I was looking around and she decides to pick up a few products. Here's how the conversation went:

Mom: Want this one?
Me: Ehhh no, I don't really like the ingredients with this one
Mom: How about this one?
Me: I've heard about it, but I haven't really done my homework on it. You can take it if you want to use it.
Mom: Okay, I'll take it

So then we left with this



Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream. This is better than normal, we almost left with Kinky Curly products!

Yes, a tub of Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner. I have no idea what to do with and no immediate need for this as seen in my product post. What also concerns me is that the bottle tells you to "avoid applying any styling or conditioning product directly on new growth". This worries me because my entire head is new growth LOL!

I'm not sure if I'm going to try it. I often try new products on my mother's hair because her hair is shorter and you can easily see if the hair likes a product or not.

I wonder about other people's product junkie stories. I also wonder if I should be scared of this product O_o.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a sucker for the beauty aisles...deadly for my wallet!

    ReplyDelete