Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Food post: Cheesecake

If there's one dessert that will always have a place in my heart, it is cheesecake.

I love all kinds of cheesecakes: oreo, strawberry, pineapple...as long as it doesn't have peanuts in it, I LOVE IT!

Since my mother's birthday is coming up tomorrow as I write this, I thought it would be a great idea to make a cake for her birthday since isn't really a fan traditional birthday cakes (she doesn't like cakes with too much icing). Thanks to this website, I learned how to make a strawberry lemon cheesecake and I got it to her exact swetness/tartness preference before I baked it. After all the prep, mixing, baking and waiting, here are the pictures of how it turned out (behind the jump)

So I made the cake last night with intentions to decorate until the next afternoon because I had finished baking the cake so late. We wanted the cake to be firm so we let it bake for an hour and a half. I took it out this morning and this is what it looked like
Yeah about that slight nick in the cake...I had to test it I swear!

Then this is what it looked like when I take the sides off on this cake. I wish I had pictures from when I took it out of the oven because what always happens is that cheesecakes sort of "deflates" when it is cooled. 


Now I know you're asking "Where's the strawberries?" That's where the fresh strawberries and the glaze come in. I don't know the taste of currants so I decided to play it safe and used strawberry jelly for the glaze. So here's the finished product

So that's the finished cake. Right now, the cake is back in the fridge so the glaze can set in place. She hasn't seen it yet so I hope she'll like what I tried to creatively do. What I don't have doubts about is that it tastes good :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment